Analyzes the financial performance of the business, establishes monthly financial forecast, budgetary goals, aids in business decision support and strategy, partners cross-functionally to deliver value, provides recommendations on profit, expense, and cost saving opportunities. Partner with leadership to build FP&A tools, processes, best practices.
- Oversees updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop calendar of activities and help train existing team members in sales and supply chain.
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensures input has been documented and properly included.
- Ensures all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and supported, properly calendarized and in line with the company’s overall strategic plans.
- Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions and ensures communication to department heads.
- Identifies and calls out weekly issues affecting the Company’s operations, profitability, and inventory position.
- Supervises the creation of monthly sales by customers, SKU and sales plans.
- Establishes models that provide information on the Company’s current operating trend.
- Provides financial analysis for relevant issues that could impact the business.
- Manages the department reporting to support business needs.
- Manages department deliverables, provides leadership, guidance, and supports to staff members through effective goal setting (YOY), performance management, and professional development.
- Creates a service oriented environment to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- Recommends improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- Experience with Distribution, Supply-Chain and/or Operations
- 5 to 6 years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Consumer package goods experience a plus
- Experience building out Financial Performance Management Systems
- Highly organized and efficient
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and database skills, preferably SQL
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency in data research and interpretation.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.