Please note this position is a to cover a leave of absence and may last up to eight months with the possibility of going full-time-regular. This role is an hourly position.
The Jr. Project Manager (JPM) will be responsible for planning and managing key projects for Feit Electric, providing high visibility, planning resources, timeline and managing gaps in order to deliver projects on time. The JPM will manage the assigned projects with cross-functional participants, and act as the lead to drive projects to completion. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage (plan, monitor, and control) multiple projects across the organization; with a focus on milestones/deadlines, deliverables, resources, and key relationships with the leadership team.
- Work with Feit Electric leaders and managers to define a projects scope and objectives. Must have a strong understanding of project life-cycles and application of industry standard project methodologies.
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects of high complexity and visibility within the organization.
- Manage multiple cross-functional teams – set priorities, maintain status of and ensure completion of project deliverables, and resolve conflict among project team.
- Strong status reporting, management of expectations, communications, and change management.
- Assist in the overall management of Feit Electric project portfolio and prioritization process.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, leading and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Schedule and conduct project meetings as defined in project plans, develop project status reports for each project.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solution of problems.
- Follow up and facilitate completion of action items and plans through excellent communication and use of action tracking reports (heavy use of Smart Sheet and Excel).
- Provide pro-active communication with leadership around project trade-offs, scope changes, and significant barriers to project success.
- Maintain and update all project information, using provided Smart Sheet
- Creating excel reports using v-lookup, sorting and filtering.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- BS or BA degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects in a corporate environment; of which at least 3 years include experience working in a manufacturing, product development, and/or engineering business
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- PMI certified (Preferred)
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- This position requires a quality-focused attitude with an appropriate sense of urgency and attention to details.
- Ability to manage complex internal and external relationships requiring diplomacy and strong negotiating skills.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs, with special emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Proficient in Smart Sheet a plus
- Ability to work well with others
- Speak English and Chinese (Mandarin) a plus