We have an immediate opening for an Order Processing and Pricing Clerk to join our growing team in our Pico Rivera, CA office.
Daily Duties Include:
- Obtain customers’ names, addresses, and billing information, product numbers, and specifications of items to be purchased, and enter this information on order forms.
- Prepare invoices, shipping documents, and contracts.
- Inform customers by mail or telephone of order information, such as unit prices, shipping dates, and any anticipated delays.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information as necessary.
- Direct specified departments or units to prepare and ship orders to designated locations.
- Check inventory records to determine availability of requested merchandise.
- Review orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forward incomplete orders for further processing.
- Attempt to sell additional merchandise or services to prospective or current customers by telephone or through visits.
- File copies of orders received, or post orders on records.
- Compute total charges for merchandise or services and shipping charges.
- Confer with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel in order to expedite or trace shipments.
- Recommend merchandise or services that will meet customers’ needs.
- Adjust inventory records to reflect product movement.
- Collect payment for merchandise, record transactions, and send items such as checks or money orders for further processing.
- Inspect outgoing work for compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Notify departments when supplies of specific items are low, or when orders would deplete available supplies.
- Recommend type of packing or labeling needed on order.
- Calculate and compile order-related statistics and prepare reports for management
- Other duties may be assigned
Competencies Related to this Position:
- Detail Oriented
- Honesty / Integrity
- Knowledge of EDI codes is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Excel is a plus
Pay Range: $23.00 to $26.00 hourly (non-exempt)