About Feit Electric
Based in Los Angeles, California since 1978. We are devoted to our long-time employees, customers, and retail partners – together, we all prosper. We are a leader in first to market lighting innovations and driven to deliver the latest breakthrough in interior and exterior illumination. To us, lighting is everything. The right light can turn a house into a home, make an unsafe area feel more secure, and navigating your way back to bed a lot easier. We challenge the status quo and leverage our years of experience to provide the ultimate in product quality and satisfaction.
About this Job
The Product Engineer will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day communication of fixture designs, improvements, and approvals. The Product Engineer will act as the engineering lead for the fixture category and ensure the products meet customer requirements. The Product Engineer will communicate with Suppliers, Product Managers, Sales, and Purchasing to ensure products meet shipping schedules and company quality standards. Success in the role requires strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and the drive to be a fixture leader in the fast-evolving LED market.
- Manage the fixture development cycle from First Article Approval (FAA) procedures to mass production.
- Report fixture testing, including mechanical review, installation, thermal, electrical, and photometric, promptly.
- Ensure all fixtures meet the shipment target schedule with the right quality.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to define your product testing scope and objectives.
- Responsible for design changes and improvements to existing fixtures.
- Ensure products comply with UL, ANSI, ES, IE, and customer requirements.
- Keep a log of all open testing issues and make sure they are resolved promptly.
- Analyze fixture problems or deficiencies and develop solutions promptly.
- Communicate priorities and improvements to our China Quality Assurance Team.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned to accomplish company or department goals.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electromechanical Systems Engineering Technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many active projects.
- High Level of organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand technical concepts, read schematics, and provide design recommendations.
- Familiar with DMM, Oscilloscope, as well as DC & AC Power Supply design.
- LED lighting experience preferred.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Quick learner, responsible, proactive, problem-solver, and critical-thinker.