The Product Manager is responsible for facilitating the identification, development, and lifecycle management of innovative, industry-leading Smart products for Feit Electric.
The Product Manager lives and breathes all types of Smart categories – bulbs, cameras, plugs, and more. They are a thought leader in those markets – with a deep understanding of trends as well as their customers, competitors, suppliers, substitutes, and new entrants. The Product Manager must act both strategically and tactically to achieve the goals set for those product lines.
The role requires a strong self-starter/entrepreneurial work ethic. The PM will work externally with software and hardware partners as well as manufacturers and customers. They will work internally with Engineering, Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support teams to ensure our products exceed customer and company goals.
- Launch new Smart products that are compelling and differentiated to our retail partners and consumers.
- Maintain and improve our Smart app and backend, with the help of our Engineering team.
- Ensure our retail partners and consumers receive the experiences we would want if we were them.
- Conduct market research, work with factories and collaborate with sales to identify and fill gaps in our product portfolio.
- Move faster and more efficiently than our competitors.
- Provide selling material and assist in sales efforts.
- Collaborate with Graphics, Engineering, and factories to create packaging and manuals that sell the product, ensure a great set-up, meet all regulatory requirements, protect during shipment, and are without factual or grammatical errors.
- Continually assess the retail environment to ensure quality, features, and prices are competitive. Adjust when prudent.
- Work cooperatively with Purchasing, Engineering, and the China Team to manage supplier relationships; ensure products are delivered on time, on budget, and on spec.
- Prepare forecasts, financial analyses, and prioritization for development projects.
- Continually work with Customer Support and assess the website and product database for accuracy and to determine if we need to create more marketing collateral.
- Assist in developing our supplier network to improve capabilities, costs, and lead times.
- Request, test and dispose of samples and maintain a professional and safe workspace.
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects & programs with people both internal and external to the company.
- Track record of identifying and creating great new products that integrate hardware and software.
- 2 – 7 years of experience in product development or Product Management in the lighting, consumer products, or technology industries.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in a clear, easily understood, and grammatically accurate manner in English.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, biased towards action.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.