Under the direction of the Distribution Supervisor, the Receiving Clerk keeps accurate records of all materials received. They are required to inspect shipments, reconcile packing slips (or manifests) with actual items received. Also responsible for verifying that the materials are delivered to the proper departments or stored in the warehouse. This includes, but is not limited to generating and applying pallet identifiers to all incoming goods. Responsibilities to include:
- Scheduling incoming overseas containers and domestic receipts, and directing them to one of the three warehouses
- Communication with internal personnel as well as external Drayage Companies and Delivering Carriers
- Maintenance of shared logs, and keeping them updated to ensure accurate communication with other departments.
- Counting and inspection of all incoming packages against packing lists and receivers.
- Checking for visual damage, and notation of those damages.
- Enters product received into WMS and generates pallet identifiers that are placed on each pallet to ensure tracking of each pallet.
- Directs completed pallets to be delivered to appropriate areas within the warehouse.
- Responsible for delivering a master carton of every item received to Quality Assurance for testing.
- Delivers office supplies to the ordering departments.
- Maintains the original receiving documents, retains a copy for warehouse files, and delivers the original to the front office.
- Able to cross-train in other clerical functions as needed.
Necessary Job Skills and Requirements:
- One year of prior experience working in a warehouse as a Receiving or Shipping Clerk
- Adding and Subtracting (general math skills)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to determine quality and quantity of goods with accuracy
- Proficient at operating general office equipment.
- Prior experience using an RF Scanner
- Experience in the use of forklifts, pallet stackers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, pallet riders, order pickers, and scales.
- Intermediate level of general computer skills required
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma Preferred
- One year experience as a Receiving Clerk in a warehouse environment
The warehouse is open to the outside and maybe hot or cold depending on the current weather conditions.
Essential Physical Tasks:
The Receiving Clerk must be capable of lifting, pushing, and or pulling up to 100 lbs. A large percentage of time will be spent walking and standing. Additional the position requires the ability to stand, stoop, reach, and bend. Due to the constant activity and use of moving equipment within the warehouse this position also requires the individual have normal hearing to avoid injury or collision.