General Position Summary:
Assist the supply chain team with production planning, optimal buy, to ensure domestic safety stock level. Must be motivated and result-driven with a proven track record in reducing costs and keeping optimum inventory levels. Improving forecast accuracy and process flow. Coordinate internal resources to provide best-in-class service and support to our customers.
- Assist with overall demand and supply planning for 5000+ SKUs based on the sales velocity, forecast, and lead time.
- Understand import procedure and timeline to ensure overall production pipeline and maintain optimal safety stock.
- Proven record of understanding factory capacity planning for shipment prioritizing and expediting.
- Work with sales accounts to analyze POS data from customer portals and perform advanced forecasting and demand planning.
- Perform inventory management/allocation and production planning/logistics to multiple U.S warehouses.
- Suggest new buys for replenishment purposes and maintain an overall sufficient pipeline.
- Exemplary follow up skills with overseas vendors.
- A high degree of flexibility is necessary due to the varied customer base and market-driven changes.
- Position involves dealing with complex business conditions due to the need for a complete knowledge of our product line, a thorough understanding of the business environment, and the need to provide the right solution to the customer.
- This position is one of high visibility and the individual must be able to promote confidence and trust within the organization and vendor base.
- Exhibit exceptional communication skills for in-between departmental updates and communications
Education and Experience:
- A college degree is required.
- Requires a minimum of five years related experience in an established Consumer Packaged Goods Company.
- Strong replenishment experience.
- Familiar with ocean freight, customs regulations, and logistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.
- Strong software skills (Excel required, Access and/or SQL a plus).
- A commitment to total customer satisfaction is necessary.