Demand Planner – Los Angeles, CA
General Position Summary:
We are hiring a Demand Planner to join the team at Feit Electric. You will work under the supervision of the Sr. Demand Planner. This role works closely with the sales and supply Planning teams to execute sales strategy and aid in optimizing inventory decisions. Utilizing our planning system, you will create, analyze, and manage forecasting at the SKU level for assigned retail accounts. The ideal candidate is a strategic, analytical self-starter and can work independently and collaboratively.
- Develop and maintain demand rolling forecasts by analyzing historical sales, POS data, category trends, seasonality, price changes, promotions, and customer projections to improve forecast accuracy.
- Share forecast assumptions and the impact of strategic activities to forecast outcomes for the sales team, purchasing, and various stakeholders.
- Perform ongoing analysis and monitoring of actual performance to forecasted plan, identify significant variances, take corrective actions, and detail assumptions.
- Coordinate and lead the demand planning process to identify changes in the demand plan to achieve consensus driven around key drivers and significant changes.
- Monitor SKU trends and makes recommendations to EOL existing items
- Measure and report forecast accuracy and other KPIs relating to demand planning and supply chain for continuous improvement
- Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned
A successful candidate is comfortable working independently and being part of a team. The demand planner is at the center of communications because this position serves as an intermediary between the sales and purchasing departments. Therefore, proactively initiating conversations about the business is a crucial part of the demand planning role.
There are several cross-functional partners, so gaining agreement and pivoting communication depending on the audience is essential so being comfortable speaking to cross-functional partners is vital.
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of demand planning experience for CPG manufacturer
- Forecasting and replenishment software experience: StockIQ experience is a plus
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite requires strong Excel skills to consolidate data, create reporting, identify trends, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate results to draw concrete decisions based on data that is presented
What you will get:
We offer competitive wages based on experience (salary range is 75,000.00 to 85,000.00 a year) with benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off and 401(k).