National Account Manager - Los Angeles, CA
The National Account Manager is responsible for the sales performance of a portfolio of retail accounts. Success metrics include new product additions, annual sales growth, forecasting and trade investment.
- Responsible for sale of consumer products throughout an assigned account base to meet agreed objectives.
- Calls on customers and prospective customers, to develop strategic relationships with key influencers.
- Prepares market strategy for major products within market segment; introduces new products to market segment; prepares sales forecasts and budgets.
- Ensures all inside sales activities including customer service, quotations, project management, and inside sales duties are successfully performed.
- Keeps management informed of economic, competitive, and other factors affecting region with recommendations for improvements/changes.
- Partners with other departments as needed to ensure smooth transactions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 5+ years of consumer packaged goods (CPG) sales experience in major retailers
- Up to 50% travel (as needed) anywhere in the continental United States.
- Ability to drive and grow business in assigned accounts.
- Lighting and/or consumer electronics experience preferred.
- Financial selling skills and the ability to develop and implement a sales strategy.
- Tenacious, resilient, persuasive, and can take initiative.
- Self-motivator, quick study, works hard independently, does not need constant direction; takes action and runs business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, follow-up/organization skills, problem solving, analysis, and presentation skills are paramount to success in this position.
- Must be proficient with all MS Office Suite (particularly Excel & PowerPoint).
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Ability to work trade shows and conventions and weekends as necessary.
- Office based role.
Base Salary Range: $130,000.00 to $140,000.00