Technical Writer – Los Angeles, CA
As the Feit Electric Technical Writer, you are responsible for the accuracy and usefulness of Feit Electric’s Instruction Manuals, User Guides, Product Labels, Quick Install Guides, and Unboxing Videos. You will have a deep understanding of our products and clearly communicate how to use them. You will work with Product Managers, the Art Department, Engineering, Regulatory, and Quality Control teams to ensure accuracy of all materials.
You are creative, inquisitive, and get things done on time. Your voice is also heard. Your feedback will make our products better.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare Instruction Manuals, User Guides, Labels, Quick Install Guides, and Unboxing Videos as needed to support the New Product Development team.
- Test, Install and work through all functions, as required, to verify accuracy.
- Establish accurate templates to make our customer materials more useful, clear, and efficient to create.
- Complete the work as independently as possible and utilize our tools to stay on track.
- Participate in other technical writing tasks as requested, such as website or social media.
- Advanced English skills appropriate for Technical Writing.
- Fluid in MS Office and Adobe Illustrator.
- Understanding regulatory requirements.
- Simple sketching.
- Ability to efficiently navigate Task Management software.
- Mechanical aptitude with hands on attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Visual acuity for detailed computer work 8 hours per day.
- Lifting to 25 pounds.
- Moderate bending and twisting.
- Walking between buildings.
- Writing on documents and simple computer work.
Hourly Range $28 to $38 (non-exempt)