Feit Electric is an innovator in energy efficient lighting and we’re looking for a product leader and customer champion who will continue to spearhead our product innovation. This role will direct the full product development life cycle from conception to delivery to customer success. The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
This is a hands-on position with an opportunity to build a product management and development organization from ground up. If you are an experienced product professional with strong lighting industry expertise who’s ready to roll up your sleeves and put your talents into action in entrepreneurial environment we want to talk to you. Responsibilities to include:
- Portfolio management from increasing the profitability of existing products, managing end of life to developing new products for the company.
- Product concept and definition utilizing voice of the market, industry trends, and company product vitality strategies
- Develop performance and cost road maps to ensure a competitive position in the marketplace.
- Initiate New Product Introduction, and guide the NPI process through all phases.
- Communicate with key customers to understand product requirements, and determine and negotiate specifications.
- Partner with strategic sourcing on vendor and component selection and specifications.
- Become an invaluable business development resource – participating in sales calls and advising on winning customer portfolio strategies.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree in engineering (MS/MBA preferred)
- 10 years of product management experience; ideally with 5+ year’s product management experience in LED lighting or related industries.
- Expert knowledge of LED and energy efficient lighting technology, components, markets and applications is required as well as proven ability to translate customer requirements into product requirements and specifications
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven problem solving and product innovation expertise
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communicator and ability to successfully interface with customers and suppliers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Experience and familiarity with overseas manufacturing and suppliers
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, vacation, and 401K