Transportation Clerk - McDonough, GA
Under direction of the shipping supervisor, the Transportation Clerk will perform functions relating to the freight and transportation portion of the warehouse operation. This includes, but is not limited to rating and routing, bill of lading preparation, scheduling of company trucks, making appointments, and performing various freight analysis requests.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Rate and Route orders choosing carriers based on predetermined rate and service levels.
- Prepare bills of lading for outbound shipments. Ensures that correct carrier, NMFC code, pieces, weight, customer purchase order/s, and Feit reference number/s are included. The traffic analyst will distribute the bills of lading to the loaders and monitor all shipments ensuring they are all loaded and gone at the end of the day. The shipping supervisor will be advised of any problems.
- Route and schedule all O/T shipments. With guidance from the shipping supervisor, will assign orders to the various routes for the delivery day.
- Upon shipment of certain orders, the transportation Clerk will send shipment notification via fax, e-mail, or enter online for these customers, detailing the shipments.
- Maintain and update carrier rates in the computer/s ensuring that the most recent disks are obtained from the carriers and installed.
- Maintain a central file of all carrier information creating a history of all changes to pricing and service levels.
Please include on your resume any computer systems, software or applications you are proficient using.
If this sounds like you, email your resume to HR@FEIT.COM and include the job name in the subject line.