Warehouse Supervisor – McDonough, GA
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order preparation (wave planning), truck yard management, slotting of product, cycle counts, inventory management, vendor compliance, routing of orders, order filling, and shipment of merchandise by LTL or TL carriers to our customers. Supervise 10+ employees who operate power industrial trucks, automated equipment, and clerical staff. Will lead an hourly team to do the fast-paced work required to run the distribution center as safely, efficiently, and productively as possible. This role is responsible for hiring, training, evaluation, development, discipline, and termination of hourly associates.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Manager.
- Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Manager.
- Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
- Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Manager.
- Partners with HRG and manager to monitor new employee development tracking.
- Plans daily production goals.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Review’s quality measurements and reports status to Manager.
- Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources.
- Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations.
- Deliver excellent customer service by building & maintaining relationships.
- Secures warehouse by turning alarms on, testing systems.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting, and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Distribution center experience preferred, with some automated distribution center experience.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience, Manhattan Scale WMS preferred
- Knowledge of specific inbound, order preparation, outbound, inventory control and transportation functions within the distribution center.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Must be able to interact effectively across all levels of management and staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
Computer skills: Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as ADP