Feit Electric, one of the nation’s premier energy-efficient lighting and smart home manufacturers, seeks a self-motivated, well-organized customer service/tech support professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Their main focus will be assisting consumers with mobile app-controlled smart home products. Working under general supervision; the role will report to a supervisor or manager but be expected to operate independently and achieve performance and quality benchmarks. Essential functions include:
- Working within a customer care environment, the representative will respond to inbound phone calls, chats, web form submissions, and e-mails from customers and consumers who have questions or issues related to their product purchases.
- Assisting customers with troubleshooting Wi-Fi connectivity and installation problems, explaining app features, and processing warranty return as needed
- The role requires an ability to handle a fast-paced environment and high volume of inbound requests while multi-tasking time-sensitive communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent of 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably within a manufacturing and or distribution environment.
- A commitment to superior customer service. Able to quickly diagnose product issues on the spot and empathize with customer’s concerns, explain situations with patience, and offer solutions to quickly get users up and running again.
- High level of professional verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and possess superior time management skills.
- Superior computer skills: data entry accuracy and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook. Demonstrated proficiency with CRMs or other call logging help desk platforms.
- Working knowledge of wireless networking and communication protocols including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, 3G/4G communication protocols. Familiarity with software operating systems, especially for mobile communication platforms. Knowledge of Android & iOS operating systems and the ability to navigate numerous cell provider websites.