Founded and headquartered in California, Feit Electric is celebrating 40 years as a leading global lighting manufacturer. An innovator in green technology, Feit Electric was one of the first to bring compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and LED technologies to market.
We’re looking for an organized and enthusiastic team player, with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ready for the challenge of supplying content to support sales growth with major retail and ecommerce partners.
The Content Specialist plays a critical role working with various stakeholders to ensure our customers have streamlined access to all high-quality product content (product information, copy, imagery, and marketing assets) in a timely and accurate manner. The position will require the candidate to be flexible and have the ability to wear several hats in a given week. Job responsibilities include:
- Own and manage Salsify our product content management system keeping updated on all new releases, best practices and capabilities.
- Ensure item attributes (i.e., marketing titles, descriptions, specs, romance copy, etc.) are available and accurate within Salsify in time to support product launches.
- Work with internal graphics team and third parties to create digital assets and photography.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and external customers to understand content needs and set up new items, catalogs, datasheets and content channels according to customer requirements.
- Train internal team members on the Salsify tool and keep them updated on new enhancements.
- Independently manage and improve content, including initiating and completing website audits, and ensure publication of updated content on customer websites in a timely manner.
- Create content workflows with subject matter experts, track and managing progress of content work streams, escalating for prioritization when needed.
- Manage open lines of communication with internal and external stakeholders on progress of content deliverables and deadlines.
- Proactively pursue process improvements and advocating for appropriate resources/tools needed to effectively manage digital content.
- B.S./B.A. required.
- Must demonstrate initiative and project ownership, exhibiting excellent project management skills and a results-oriented attitude.
- 2 -3 years of experience writing copy optimized for SEO preferred. High level of proficiency with keyword research and English language including syntax and grammar.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to stay on a determined timeline.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in building positive, collaborative relationships across departments, with Feit Electric customers and with 3rd party partners.
- Detail orientation and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to initiate and promote process improvement.
- Ability to understand technical concepts.
- Must be proficient with Excel and v-look ups.
- Preferred experience with PIM systems, and/or other content management tools.
- Quick learner, proactive, highly adaptable, independent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Reliability – needs to be able to work 8-hour day in Feit Electric, CA office.
Job Type: Full-time