The Director of Sales will lead the sales team to develop an account/channel specific sales plan. Forecast all market activity for assigned accounts. Penetrate competitive accounts and obtain clean orders at the best possible price. Work within assigned expense guidelines while meeting or exceeding order volume targets and individual assigned objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Management of staff and sales of products to meet planned objectives as to sales volume, sales mix, market penetration, profitability, and selling costs.
- Calls on customers and prospective customers either personally or with sales representative(s), particularly major accounts, to foster/enhance relationship with assigned and prospective customers as well as focus on further market penetration
- Analyzes sales records and trends in relation to objectives and competitive activities; takes or recommends necessary action to senior sales management and
- Prepares market strategy for major products within market segment; introduces new products to market segment; prepares sales forecasts, budgets, and other projections as required.
- Ensures all inside sales activities including customer service, quotations, project management, and inside sales duties are successfully performed.
- Keeps executive team informed of economic, competitive, and other factors affecting region with recommendations for improvements/changes.
- Partners with other departments as needed to ensure smooth transactions.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of consumer-packaged goods (CPG) sales experience preferred
- Up to 50% travel (as needed) anywhere in the continental United States, Mexico and
- Ability to drive and grow business and aid sales team in meeting goals.
- Preferred understanding of the retail industry (lighting preferred).
- Account management experience.
- Financial selling skills and the ability to develop and implement a sales strategy.
- Tenacious, resilient, persuasive, and can take initiative.
- Self-motivator, quick study, works hard independently, does not need constant direction; takes action and runs business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, follow-up/organization skills, problem solving, analysis, and presentation skills are paramount to success in this position.
- Must be proficient with all MS Office Suite (particularly Excel & PowerPoint).
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Ability to work trade shows and conventions and weekends as necessary.
- Must be in office when not traveling.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, vacation, and 401K